Thursday, July 3, 2008

On the Road Again

Well, were off for a few days cus' of the holiday. Damn Founding Fathers - don't you know I've got work to do! Puttin' yer Declaration of Independence right in the middle of my design build.


Oh well - I suppose It'll be good to have a little break.

I'm heading up to my parents house in the Berkshires tomorrow morning - Johhny let me borrow his truck so I'm cruising up there for their big picnic. It'll be great to see everybody. I can't even remember the last time I was there. Maybe February? Either way - should be a good time, and it will be good to get out of the city for a few days. I'll be back to work on sunday though. No rest for the weary.

And damn am I one of those. I'm so close to breaking these days. So tired, all cut up and bruised from working, so stressed, not eating, not sleeping, and spending too much time outside. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna slow down now. Too much to do and not enough time to do it.

We still haven't gotten our stipends from school yet either and so I'm as broke as they come these days (we don't get paid for this and we can't get student loans or anything cus' the school isn't technically in session - all we get is a tiny stipend) so I'm sure my landlord is close to breaking too. Ohh well. Just gonna have to wait. Hopefully it'll come soon. Then I can at least take care of the 'not eating' thing. ;)

But things keep moving. We finished milling today and started laying out and installing sills - Sunday I'll assemble the Ipe columns with aluminum so hopefully Star and I can start assembling the frame monday. All this stress will be worth it when we can see the greenhouse start to really come together. So excited.


Sills, there are aluminum roller rods that slide through those holes - so you can slide your trays in and out easily.

Me, working on one of the rafter joints.


Takes a little bit of love to get it nice. Its worth it though.


Greenhouse base. Starting to install the sills. Yeah! Its really gonna happen!

No comments: