Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Morning Linking

My friend Ian is out in Iceland this summer working on this crazy sculpture installation with a former prof of his from RISD. He started a blog here so he can keep us updated on the progress. 24 hours of sunlight and giant resin boat. Awesome.

And here is a cool blog by our old professor Douglas Gauthier. His is the 'Burst 008' project. Its a version of his Burst House series - the same type he built down in Australia a couple of years back. The 008 project is being installed at MoMa as part of their pre-fab show this summer and a bunch of kids from Parsons are helping with the construction of it. I think the show opens in June and I can't wait to check it out. I'm pretty into the Cellophane House too - the aluminum framing system they are using is great and I'd love to do something similar for our project, but its ridiculously expensive and it can't really perform the way we would need. Oh well.

No comments: